LeBron James | Teen Ink

LeBron James

January 9, 2015
By Tyler Struve BRONZE, Parkland, Florida
Tyler Struve BRONZE, Parkland, Florida
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

LeBron James is one of the largest celebrity athletes in the world. As a kid he played travel basketball and school basketball also. He played for St. Vincent Mary High school located in the small city of Akron, Ohio. I believe LeBron should be appreciated for everything he does for example he has many charities, but his main one is the LJFF (LeBron James Family Foundation). Also he has led the U.S Olympic team to many wins and even winning gold multiple times. Another reason he should be appreciated is that he is the Number one basketball player in the NBA, Country, and possibly the world.
James is known from almost every part of the world because he’s one of the best athletes to ever live and play.  Currently LeBron stands with Michael Jordan, Bill Russell,Wilt Chamberlain, and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar with 4 NBA MVP’s. He also has won all 4 NBA MVP in a 5 year span only like one other player which would be Bill Russell. Also LeBron brought the Miami Heat to 4 Finals appearances.
He’s also running many charities. LeBron James’s main charity is the LJFF. On his website he has six different productions going. He has Wheels for Education which is an organization that makes sure kids are motivated to graduate through high-school. Also he has the “Akron I promise Network” which helps get advisors and counselors to help kids graduate without being stressed or worried. There are many other charities he does within those including a daycare center and sports program too for St. Vincent Mary.
In the end I think LeBron is the best athlete in the world and a great person too. I think he should be appreciated more and also more respected for everything he does for others and their families. James puts a huge effect on his surroundings in families, schools, and basketball too.