Why Gymnastics Lessons | Teen Ink

Why Gymnastics Lessons

By VolleyGirl BRONZE, Lorton, Virginia
VolleyGirl BRONZE, Lorton, Virginia

Be yourself, unless you can be a unicorn, then be a unicorn.

Gymnastics lessons are not always what you think.

Until my very first gymnastics leson, I hated gymnastics. But now I absolutely love it! There are many different ways you can love it for, but i love it because i like to learn all the different kinds of routines, all of the different kind of fips, and the fact that I can always make new friends. Now I am not going to put it all in one paragraph, but I can tell you all about gymnastics.

I am going to start with the Beam. On the beam you can do pretty much all the tricks you can do on a floor or a trampoline except for the front and back layouts. I a just now working on my cartwheel on the beam. The beam isactually my favorite. But at times, it can be a little scary because you are only on 4 inches of wood! You forget that it's 4 inches of wood when you are having fun and focused on doing your routines and warmups.

Next are the Uneven Bars.  On the uneven bars, you can do flips but your hands have to stay on the bar at all times. To get onto the low bar you can typically do a pullover or a kip or you can even jump up to the bar. I am working on my kip right now. Once you are farther up in the levels, you can go back and forth between the two bars and just flip around them like crazy! Your dismount off will typically be a back flip off the high bar.

Now I am going to talk about the Floor. On the floor, you can do every kind of  trick you can think of! The floor is a lot of fun, but as you get into higher levels it becomes even more fun because you get to make up your own routines. There is also not really anything that you can't do either, but if you don't know how to do it then there is something that you can't do. Everything in your routine also has to be definitely related to gymnastics though.

Now, the Tumble Track. I'm sure that what you are thinking right now is, "What! A tumble track that you tumble and fall going down it!" Well, that is not what it means. A tumble track is technically a really long trampoline that you can do tricks up and down on. I can only do a round off double back-handspring back flip.

Well that would be all. There are many more things that i would tell you but, if you want to find them out you have to go to a gymnastics class and try it out. If you do I hope you like it!

I have a Gymnastics life and I always will.

I was inspired to write this piece from a school project. I hope that the people that read it, will want to take gymnastics lessons.