The Game | Teen Ink

The Game

By Jayphin SILVER, Wilmigton, Delaware
Jayphin SILVER, Wilmigton, Delaware

You feel blood rushing through out your whole body. You start to feel like your heart is pounding so hard that you feel like is going to come out. The palms of your hands get sweaty. If you feel this way then you probably might be going through an adrenaline moment. If you feel like your whole body is sweating and you are about to run out of breath but cannot stop running then you must be playing a sport.

If all you think about is throwing yourself to the ground to just block the ball from entering into your net. You don’t even think about if you are going to get hurt and you just do it, then you are a brave soul. If you were ever in this position then your job must have been to be the team’s goal keeper.  You are the only person your team relays on when everyone else in your team fails to protect the teams’ territory.  If you save the goals you become the hero of the day. When you save the ball you feel like you made it into the FIFA World Cup. You feel like you won Golden Gloves. At the end of the game if you only saved more goals then what the opposite team scored on you then you feel like a pro. You feel like you are Memo Ochoa, the goalie who played in Mexico’s soccer team in the summer of 2014. Soccer is like being in a movie. All types of actions and characters are in the field. There is also the low point and the climax point. The climax point can be found anywhere in the field, but the real action comes when the goalie is the main character. Everything depends on the goalie’s hand literally.

Another important character in the field is the strikers. The strikers are the ones who are in charge of making the team win by scoring goals. They are the ones who make you jump out of from your seat and make you scream goal until you feel like your lungs are going to burst. They are the ones who let you have a moment of happiness unless is the opposite team who score. There is also the defense, they are like the navy. They protect your territory until the end.

There is so much action in the field, but the best moment is when your team wins. When you play as a team you have a lot of fun. The best way to win is playing as a team. There is no such thing as singles in this sport. It is all about team work and effort. Also you must have a lot of fun playing even if you know that you are not going to win. When you play soccer you must play with your heart. You have to be passionate about this sport and you have to give all you got. You must play with you heart in the field.