Lebron James Journey Through Life | Teen Ink

Lebron James Journey Through Life

September 3, 2014
By Hisashima BRONZE, Keeau, Hawaii
Hisashima BRONZE, Keeau, Hawaii
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

 

Lebron James was born on December 30, 1984 in Akron, Ohio. His mother, Gloria Marie James was 16 when she gave birth and raised Lebron on her own. Lebron?s childhood was not a fairytale either, Lebron had to move from apartment to apartment all over Ohio because his mother had a very hard time finding a steady job to raise money to take care of Lebron. His mother realized that Lebron would need a more family support so she let him stay with Frank Walker, a local football coach, that introduced basketball to Lebron. As a child he played for a local basketball team called the Northeast Ohio shooting stars. In his first year of High school, Lebron averaged 21 points and 6 rebounds per game for the St.Vincent-St. Mary?s varsity team. Before starting his Junior year he appeared on Slam Magazine and was said to be “The best high school basketball player in America right now” -Ryan Jones(writer of article). During his Junior year he appeared on Sports Illustrated. St.Vincent-St. Mary?s Varsity team finished the season with 23-4 record with a loss at the end of the season. Lebron then tried out for the NBA in 2002 and was declined because the rules said you have to at least finish High School. For his Senior year he averaged 31.6 points, 9.6 rebounds, 4.6 assists, and 3.4 steals per game. In sophomore year also participated in Football as a Wide receiver which came to an end before his Senior year because he broke his wrist at a basketball game.

In 2003 The Cleveland Cavaliers recruited Lebron and during his first game against the Sacramento Kings, he scored 25 points. He was eventually named the Rookie of the year and averaged 20.9 points, 5.5 rebounds, and 5.9 assists per game. The Cavaliers failed to make the playoffs with a 35-47 streak. He then played for 8 years in the NBA. In 2010 Lebron became a free agent. During his free agency he played for the Bulls, Miami Heat, Los Angeles Clippers, New Jersey Nets, New York Knicks, and the Cleveland Cavaliers. On July 10, 2010 Lebron signed to the Miami Heat and his debut season Averaged 26.7 points, 7.5 rebounds, and 7 assists per game and a  51 percentage of shots in. Lebron Played in a lot of championships and even played in the Olympics.  Then in 2014 Lebron signed back with the Cavaliers and still plays with them to this very day.



 


The author's comments:

I hope you guys enjoy this piece