Adrenaline | Teen Ink

Adrenaline MAG

April 23, 2014
By WendyLovesYou SILVER, Oak Harbor, Washington
WendyLovesYou SILVER, Oak Harbor, Washington
8 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
Life is very complicated. Don't try to find answers. Because when you find answers life changes the question.


There is something addictive about the feeling of adrenaline pumping through your veins as you run from base to base, focused on one thing: not losing. It is like you are running from your greatest fear, hoping not to get caught.

There is something mesmerizing about your body moving through the once-still water of a chlorinated pool. When you do a flip that could cost you the race. When your bare feet push off the tiles, moving you at a speed you never imagined possible.

There is something intriguing about going nonstop 'til you make it, moving past the bodies of your opponents. That feeling of greatness as you slip by everybody, moving your feet at an unimaginable pace.

There is something extraordinary about the roar of the crowd when their team scores a victory. When the runner dirties her white pants to bring home the winning run. When a swimmer gives all he has to win by less than a second, gasping for air as he finishes. When the running back passes through the shield of the enemy's team with only the protection of his teammates.

There is something beautiful about how just one action can mean a team's failure or victory. There is something great about how adrenaline, fear, passion, hope, and motivation can do amazing things, can help achieve heights never thought possible. To some people things like that don't matter, but to others, they are everything.


The author's comments:
If you have the eye you can see the beauty, the passion in every movement someone does during a dirty, exhausting, sweaty sport.