Victory | Teen Ink

Victory

April 22, 2014
By EvanWildenberg SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
EvanWildenberg SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
7 articles 0 photos 0 comments

It was very invigorating when the clock ran out and my team had the higher score. We had scored many goals, and the ball was barely on our side of the field. Winning in soccer, and in many other sports, is generally a happy event, made up of multiple parts. It obviously gives joy, but also brings motivation, as it is hard-won.

An athlete expects to feel joy after winning a game. The team tests its skills against another’s, and does better. This lets the players know that all of the practicing was worth something. With this feeling of happiness comes motivation.

Once a team has won, they feel like they can do it again. They may feel like they can do it even better next time, learning from their mistakes. They also want to win again, to get the sense of victory. This feeling only comes when the prize is hard to get.

If the game is easy, the players barely have to do anything. I remember a soccer game my team had, where the defense was just standing around most of the time. This game was somewhat boring, and not very exciting. When an enemy team plays well, my team needs to push themselves to do better, and they feel more like they worked for the victory. All in all, victories are good.

Victories are fun, encouraging, and hard. I had all of these feelings when my team won our game. While it’s not all about winning, it is still good.