Soccer | Teen Ink

Soccer

April 9, 2014
By Kassandra Rodriguez BRONZE, Hammond, Indiana
Kassandra Rodriguez BRONZE, Hammond, Indiana
1 article 0 photos 2 comments

I play soccer after school, mostly all my family plays some kind of sports. During the summer me and my cousins go to the park with our friends and play a small game until it gets dark. Sometimes when my dad goes to play soccer we go and watch him after his game is over is our turn to play. The good part of having a sport to play is you can meet new people and be healthy. If you have a sport you should play is much better than staying home and be bored.

Tryouts could be very difficult, when I first tryout their was other girls that were also going too tryout and they were very good. At first when the coach told us to line up we thought we were going to start running but we didn’t we had to talk about ourselves to the rest of the girls. When we finish talking we had to run a few laps around the park. After we were done running the coach said she would call us if we made it in the team. After a few weeks later my dad got the call saying I made it in the team the coach said I had to go pick up my uniform and be ready for practice.

My first day of practice was fun but difficult at the same time. When I got to the park I saw some girls from the tryouts but some were missing I felt bad those girls didn’t make it but I was glad I made it. When the coach got to the park she told us to start working out and then it was time to start running. When we were done running we had to play a small game then it was time to go home.

My first game was challenging because we had to go against a team with very good players. The coach told us to work as a team and we did. The girls who we were going against were hard players but we still won our game. Mostly every girl in the team score and the coach was very excited that we won our first game.

If you like a sport you should play it is fun playing in a team because you can meet new people and be healthy at the same time. It does not matter what sport you play. The only thing that matter is having fun it does not matter who wins or looses.


The author's comments:
showing people how to be healthy