Track | Teen Ink

Track

By lolo42 BRONZE, Overland Park, Kansas
lolo42 BRONZE, Overland Park, Kansas

YOLO
You
Only
Live
Once

200 meters and all I had stuck in my head was do not look back and run till the end. A hand came up for a second then came crashing down with the sound of a loud pop. My legs furiously glided into motion above the ground as I took off from my starting position, around the turn and onto the straight. My friends on the sideline cheering me on and nobody in front of me accept the timers and judges. I was so tempted to look back, but I knew if I did I could slow down and lose. A few seconds later I passed the white line of success and was greeted by my friends who congratulated me on my run.
I love to run and have loved it since I were very young, at nine months I started to walk and started to run a lot when I was four and five. When my friend asked me to do track with her in third grade I decided to try it. I never thought that I would ever join a track team but I did. When I got to seventh grade my school did track for seventh and eighth graders, so I joined with my friends. Now I am in eighth grade and I am still in track, which means I really liked it. My goal now is to beat our time for the 200 meter run that was achieved in the 1900’s. Track means a lot to me, if I win I am very happy but if I lose I am not totally upset but I feel like I should practice harder. When I run I feel like a cloud in the sky just floating over the ground and coming down pounding on the ground taking long strides to be the first to get to the finish. My mom recalls me as a ghost I run but I am gone in a sudden sweep of air. Sometimes when I get angry I run faster than I usually do so it helps to get angry. Track makes everything fun I always look forward to it and always will, because someday I know I won’t hear that loud, startling pop, or see the people on the sideline or the judges, or the track itself, so I make every day out on the track the best I can because there is no way to go back. Track is so fun and exhilarating and I would recommend anyone who likes to run to try it. It helps you stay in shape and interact with other people who may race against or you are not familiar with.

I love to run, and that is one thing for sure. Not many people like to run and some who do don't think of track or running for nothing. Yes you aren't really running for anything like in soccer, but you are trying to become faster so it can help you in other sports.