Mike Wallace Going to the Bengals? | Teen Ink

Mike Wallace Going to the Bengals?

February 20, 2013
By Lzappy GOLD, Plainsboro, New Jersey
Lzappy GOLD, Plainsboro, New Jersey
10 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Mike Wallace, an amazing wide receiver who can catch any ball thrown to him, might be going to the Bengals? Well, the Steelers were not able to use him to their liking, due to the fact that Big Ben (Ben Roethlisberger) has been injured for most of the season. On the NFL site, they had news titles stating that one of the most gifted wide receivers might be traded to a team in need of better secondary wide receivers. People wonder about how much better the Bengals could be with two elite wide receivers at their disposal. Will the team become competition for the Ravens or stay as a Wild card team? Although, many people want Mike Wallace to stay on the Steelers, there is a fifty percent chance that he will be traded to a team such as the Bengals.

First, the Bengals are struggling with wide receivers who can catch consistently. Even though the Bengals have A.J. Green, a Pro Bowler for two years and one of the most valuable players on the team, they do not have many options. An NFL article stated, “Keep an eye on the Cincinnati Bengals and Cleveland Browns, as they are expected to be in the best shape against the cap this year. Both AFC North teams are familiar with Wallace's game.” (article may be found here: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000136168/article/mike-wallaces-future-with-steelers-looks-bleak) This shows that the Bengals or the Browns may buyt Mike Wallace off the market. The Bengals will probably fight with the Browns and finally win Mike Wallace. People think if the Bengals buy Mike Wallace they will have an easier season, since they would have two elite receivers on one team. If the Bengals get Mike Wallace it will be easier for the team to get into the playoffs, without struggling.

In conclusion, the Bengals would be better off with Mike Wallace. Some of the wide receivers get injured during the year; quite frankly the Bengals are running out of choices to pass to a reciever to get a completion. If the Bengals grab Mike Wallace off the market, they will have more completions and will have a better season. Also, the Bengals have a large cap room to buy or bid free agents from the market. Although, many people want Mike Wallace to stay on the Steelers, he will be more happy with the Bengals passing game.