Spotlight on the AHS Mens Volleyball Seniors | Teen Ink

Spotlight on the AHS Mens Volleyball Seniors

January 21, 2013
By 5Rafferty GOLD, Nashotah, Wisconsin
5Rafferty GOLD, Nashotah, Wisconsin
19 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Boys Varsity volleyball, coached by Shane Reid have started their 2012 season.
There are eight seniors this year: Andrew Patek, Matt Dassow, Chad St. Martin, Jake Steinhart, Nate Hevrdejs, Brad Strandberg and Kevin Leroy.
Senior Matt Dassow says, “I’m happy and so excited to be playing another year of Arrowhead Volleyball. I’m so pumped and ready to play the rest of the season.”
Dassow, didn’t try out freshman year, but he did go out for the team as a sophomore and made JV.
Senior Kevin Leroy says, “I’m sad that this will be my last year as a Warhawk.”
Leroy has been playing all four years of High School. As a freshman, he was on JV. As a sophomore, junior and senior, he was on Varsity.
Leroy says, he’s had a lot of experience playing with the older boys and is thrilled to be one of them now.
“I’m excited that I get to boss the younger kids around to pick up the balls at practice,” says Leroy.
“Senior year is different from other years because there are some younger guys on the team and its fun to mess around with them, making them take down the nets at the end of practice,” says Dassow.
These seniors are accompanied by X number of other teammates.
During their first official match, outside of tournament played, the Warhawks were defeated, 2-3 last Thursday against Muskego.
Thursday September 20, is the boy’s next game against Waukesha North, at Arrowhead in the East gym at 7:15 PM.