Give Cycling a Go

While scrolling through the sports section of teenink I saw a wide variety of different articles about many different sports. Among them was football, boxing, cheerleading, badminton and many more. One sport I didn't see any articles about was cycling.
Cycling is without a doubt one of the most physically demanding sports around. Top cyclists in the world are among some of the fittest sports people. Anyone who has watched the Tour de France will have seen how physically demanding the sport is.
When I went along to my first meet with my cycling club I thought we would just be going for an amble up the country lanes for a couple hours. Boy was I wrong. Within minutes I was left behind (dropped), the coaches were very supportive and said I just needed practice.
They were right of course and within a couple months the imposing hill seemed easy and getting up it was no problem at all. My level of fitness has increased and I have made some great friends. 2013 will bring many more cycling triumphs and after the outstanding performance from cyclists all around the world at the London Olympics popularity for the sport has increased greatly. The most important thing however is securing the next generation of cyclists. My message - get that bike out the garage and give it a go, you might just become the next Wiggo.