Football: Senior Edition | Teen Ink

Football: Senior Edition

November 26, 2012
By 5Rafferty GOLD, Nashotah, Wisconsin
5Rafferty GOLD, Nashotah, Wisconsin
19 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The senior football players have made a major impact on sports, football included.

The varsity boys have a perfect 8-0 record. One of their biggest wins was against Minnetonka, Minnesota, where they pulled through with a 42-21 win over the Skippers.

Varsity head coach, Greg Malling says he is very pleased with how the seniors have been performing so far this season.
Both on and off the field they have been outstanding, says Malling.

Senior Justin describes this year’s seniors as full of energy. He also says they have a good time when they are together because they have been together since freshman year.

“We are all close and accepting of new people that come in,” says Justin.

“These seniors really pull for each other. Football is all about being selfless, and these seniors exemplify that,” says Justin.

The boys don’t seem interested in who gets the credit as long as the team is successful, says Malling.

“The thing I’m going to miss the most about playing football is definitely the guys, they are all so funny and we always have such a blast when we’re all together,” says Justin.

Malling hopes he won’t have to think about not having the seniors around. He’s hoping to have then around at least until Thanksgiving. Malling has high hopes that he and the team will make it all the way to the championship this year.

“I’d have to say it’s the pure joy with which these guys attack everything they do. I’ve always loved and admired people who have fun AND go full speed. That’s exactly what these seniors do,” says Malling about the things he’s going to miss most about the boys.

Coach James Hessler says that he’s going to miss the seniors’ personality the most because he enjoys talking to them on and off the football field.

Justin, along with other players, is sad that this is his last season playing football.

“It’s sad because I know I'm never going to play football competitively after this, this is my last chance to show people my talents,” says Justin.

“The boys are playing just how I thought they would, However they are playing more selfless than I thought they would,” says Hessler.

Wallace hasn’t had a chance to experience what it’s like to win a championship. He’s hoping that this year they will change that. The championship game will take place on November 16, 2012 at 4 PM at Camp Randall Stadium.

With only one game left until play-offs, it’s in the back of every seniors mind; this could be their last couple of football games they will play competitively.