The Day After Tomorrow | Teen Ink

The Day After Tomorrow

It all started the evening of May 3rd when my volleyball coach called and said we were one of the teams that were going to play in the volleyball tourament, this totally ruined my whole weekend. I spent Sunday afternoon practicing everything I knew on volleyball, my serves, my sets, and most importantly my spikes. I'm not that good of a player I'll admit it and that's why I was so nervous. The dreaded day came faster than any other, I wasn't prepared, all day I thought of how humiliating it was going to be to take last. Six o'clock soon came and even before the game I was sweating, our first game started, it was pretty easy at the beginning except we didn't get off to a great start but then things started to clear up, we won the first game but it wasn't over yet. We soon had to be on the court to play another game this was the game I thought would end our streak and cut us off. We lost the first half and when we started the second half it didn't start off so good, but then things got a lot better with the totally awesome serves we had we caught up and won the second half which meant more tension because we had to go into a third game but luckily we won not by far but we won and that's all I cared about. Finally, the last game, we were in the championships, it was total De Ja Vu from our second game we lost the first but then we won the second half and into the third game we went we scored 5, then 8, then 12,but then at 14 points we lost the ball and they got it back and as amazing as it is they caught up, the score was tied 14 to 14 and then came my serve I was under a lot of pressure from the coach and the disappointment of my team if this serve failed then as I throw the ball up in the air I hit it as hard as my hand will hit, and I couldn't have picked for a better spot to land, the girl never got a chance to send it back over the net, and to my amazement we won we were the champions.

teenstar_25 said...
congrats that was such a good article! i love volleyball but like u said i am not that good.just keep working