A Leader for All Woman | Teen Ink

A Leader for All Woman

December 7, 2011
By Anonymous

Jeanie Buss is the Executive Vice President of business operations for the Los Angeles Lakers basketball team. But, she is doing more than that; she is an idol for all women. Buss, is the head of one of the most successful men’s basketball teams of all time. Her life story and her stories of the 2009-2010 Basketball season are told in her biography Laker Girl, by Steve Springer and herself, Jeanie Buss. Jeanie Buss is an idol for most women due to her involvement of a men’s basketball team, and she deserves to be inducted into the International Women’s Hall of Fame.

Jeanie Buss is an idol for all women around the world. She is a woman who is becoming very successful in a man’s world. That would be the world of professional basketball. She is a huge part of the Lakers, and many people give her credit in putting championship teams on the court. She is giving hope to other women trying to make it in a man’s world, that they could do what Buss has done, taken over the most successful NBA basketball team and made them once again champions. She has done so much for women, that she deserves to be inducted into the International Women’s Hall of Fame.

Many people would not want Jeanie Buss to be inducted into the International Women’s Hall of Fame. One reason may be that she is dating the coach of the Los Angeles Lakers basketball team, Phil Jackson. Many people believe that a boss of a company, or in this case a professional sports team, should not be dating their employees. Another reason people may not want her to be in inducted is that she has posed nude for the magazine, Playboy. This is something many women are against because of the fact that women are exposing their bodies for money and fame and many people don’t like that. I think that all the positives in her life out weight the negatives, and since Buss is such a role model to woman that she should get the nomination that she deserves.

Jeanie Buss is an idol for woman around the world that they can do whatever men do. The front office of professional sports teams are usually held by men. This is a case where a woman is holding one of the highest positions of the front office. Many people think that this wouldn’t work but with Buss at the helm, the Los Angeles Lakers are the 2-time defending NBA champions. She has and will continue to be a positive role model to all women. These accomplishments are just the few of many reasons why Jeanie Buss should be inducted into the International Women’s Hall of Fame.