Come from behind and then win it in OT | Teen Ink

Come from behind and then win it in OT

October 21, 2011
By 10John10 PLATINUM, St.Peters, Missouri
10John10 PLATINUM, St.Peters, Missouri
20 articles 1 photo 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
javascript:ShowFavTab(1)


The Blues came back home for one game after there four game road trip that took them to Dallas and California. Tonight at home the Carolina Hurricanes were in town and this would be the first game in the NHL the Stewert brothers would play each other in.Chris from the Blues and Anthony from the Canes, Brian Elliott would also start for the Blues.The Canes would get the only first period goal by Harrison there defenceman. The Blues would take a penalty toward the end of the first but Carolina would not put one past Elliott. The Blues would get eleven shots in the first one more then the Canes ten. The second period started with the Blues down by one and lines being changed hopefully something would click. To get a two gaol lead though, a minute and a half in Sutter of the Hurricanes would give them that 2-0 lead. Shortly after though the Blues did what they needed and bounced back to get within one, Arnott put in his third of the year assisted his line mate Langenbrunner and Jackman. No penalties were taking in the second and the Blues would get a season high 20 shots to the Canes 12, and with four minutes left Backes the caption would put in his second of the year to tie the game at two. No more goals would come in the second or the third, but when the third started the Blues got a early chance to take there first lead. The Blues would out shot the Hurricanes in the third 9-3 but couldn't connect on the penalty. After the Blues scored two to get tied with Carolina overtime starts, and starts quick with a Blues penalty that the defence does a great job to kill off on a 4 on 3. The Hurricanes would get four shots to the Blues three, but with a minute two left D"Agostini sits pretty in front of the net and gets a pass from Sobotka that puts in the game winning, The Blues now 2-1 at home and 3-4 on the year, with a big game in Philly tomorrow Elliott could start but the Blues do need a win to get something going here early in the season.