Blues surge in the third to win with Elliott in net | Teen Ink

Blues surge in the third to win with Elliott in net

October 16, 2011
By 10John10 PLATINUM, St.Peters, Missouri
10John10 PLATINUM, St.Peters, Missouri
20 articles 1 photo 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
javascript:ShowFavTab(1)


The St.Louis Blues started there California road trip Saturday playing the San Jose Sharks who come in 1-1 losing to the Ducks in there second game and beating the Coyotes in there first. The game started with Brian Elliott between the pipes for the Blues and the Sharks had Thomas Griess who won the staring job over Antti Neimi. The game started off quick with Jackman and Clowe getting matching penalties at 1:56 into the first, Jackmans for elbowing and Clowes for roughing. 39 seconds latter Matt D'Agostini intercepts a Sharks pass across the middle and takes it in for the first goal of the game. the Sharks would take penalties at 8:32 and 13:16 and the Blues could not score on either power play. When David Backes committed a penalty with three minutes left in the period and the Sharks Michal Handzus would make it pay off with a power play goal to tie the game. The period would have no more action but fir the first time the Blues would be out shot and big to 10-4 with the Sharks pouring it on for Brian Elliotts first start as a Blue in the regular season. The second period started with the game tied but the Sharks seemingly were in control and they were eleven minutes in another goal finally came Brent Burns gave the Sharks a lead that would last the rest of the period. The Blues couldn't get a goal on the power play which came late and again were out shot higher now 13-8. Four and a half minutes into the third Kent Huskins put in a beauty to tie the game the game at two. That score would last five minutes until Alex Steen put on in to give the Blues the lead, assisted by Shattenkirk and Arnott. Chris Stewert would get a tripping call that the Sharks couldn't capitalize on and when the caption David Backes put in the empty net its securred the Blues win. They now are 2-2 going to play the Ducks Sunday and i imagine Halak will be back in the net, hopefully he'll improve his stats to give the Blues a better chance at winning. This is the first game the Blues have been out shot in, it was 36-20 in the Sharks favor. Seven o clock the Blues take on the Duck in there second game in as many nights in California.