Bruins last game on home stand is a close loss | Teen Ink

Bruins last game on home stand is a close loss

October 13, 2011
By 10John10 PLATINUM, St.Peters, Missouri
10John10 PLATINUM, St.Peters, Missouri
20 articles 1 photo 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
javascript:ShowFavTab(1)


The 17,565 that came out to the TD garden for the noon start of the bruins last game on there home stand saw one that went down to the wire. Tukka Rask started instead of Tim Thomas today, i think to give him a break after the first two games, this does raise a question of who will start the next game on Wednesday in Carolina. Back to the game though the first period was filled with penalties for the bruins they got three to the Avalanches one, they killed them all off then had four on four at the end of the period, the shots were 13 to 9 Colorado. The next period included the same amount of shots for each team, Colorado got a penalty seven minutes in and killed it off. The goalies were playing great sopping everything coming toward them, and with Colorado getting more shot after two Rask was definitely getting contested, but also was Varlamov. When the third started the game was really close both teams were getting chances, and eight minutes in Colorado's Milan Hejuk put in a wrist shot that got past Tukka for Hejuks second goal of the season. After another eight with four minutes left Marchand and Avalanches O"Brien took matching roughing penalties. The bruins did not pull Tukka and they got shut down for the last four minutes that gave Varlamov his fifth career shut out and first this season. He Varlamov was the first star, The opposing goal Tukka Rask got second, and Matt Duchene. Hopefully the Bruins can get a early season winning streak started to boost there season.