You Know You're A Gymnast When... | Teen Ink

You Know You're A Gymnast When...

August 26, 2011
By athletegkb44 SILVER, Boise, Idaho
athletegkb44 SILVER, Boise, Idaho
9 articles 0 photos 26 comments

Favorite Quote:
Someday your life might flash before your eyes; make sure it's worth watching.
-Unknown to Me :)


You know you’re a gymnast when you sit in class and run through your bar routine in your head. You know you’re a gymnast when raising your hand is like a salute to the judges. You know you’re a gymnast when your grips are like an old friend, cheering you on. You know you’re a gymnast when calluses are no big deal. You know you’re a gymnast when you wake up in the morning and can’t move very well for being sore. You know you’re a gymnast when you can’t hold on to your hairbrush for your sore and tough-skinned hands. You know you’re a gymnast when you pretend like everything is scored. You know you’re a gymnast when you can’t stop doing gymnastics, no matter how bad your practice was, your drive is too large to control and your passion is immeasurable. You know you're a gymnast when you keep going back.


The author's comments:
This is something that I think a lot of gymnasts can relate to. I know it might be repetitive, which I can't really help, but it's just one of those experience type small articles. Enjoy! Comment!