You Know You're A Gymnast When... | Teen Ink

You Know You're A Gymnast When...

By athletegkb44 SILVER, Boise, Idaho
athletegkb44 SILVER, Boise, Idaho

Someday your life might flash before your eyes; make sure it's worth watching.
-Unknown to Me :)

You know you’re a gymnast when you sit in class and run through your bar routine in your head. You know you’re a gymnast when raising your hand is like a salute to the judges. You know you’re a gymnast when your grips are like an old friend, cheering you on. You know you’re a gymnast when calluses are no big deal. You know you’re a gymnast when you wake up in the morning and can’t move very well for being sore. You know you’re a gymnast when you can’t hold on to your hairbrush for your sore and tough-skinned hands. You know you’re a gymnast when you pretend like everything is scored. You know you’re a gymnast when you can’t stop doing gymnastics, no matter how bad your practice was, your drive is too large to control and your passion is immeasurable. You know you're a gymnast when you keep going back.

This is something that I think a lot of gymnasts can relate to. I know it might be repetitive, which I can't really help, but it's just one of those experience type small articles. Enjoy! Comment!

on Dec. 18 2011 at 5:28 pm
otherpoet SILVER, Wayland, Massachusetts

"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone." - Audrey Hepburn

This was fun :) It sounds a bit like a light-hearted poem to me. It's really upbeat!

on Sep. 2 2011 at 6:29 pm
athletegkb44 SILVER, Boise, Idaho

-Unknown to Me :)

Haha possibly you should! (wink)

thanks much!! tell your peeps! And those shirts are so stereotype! ;)

on Sep. 2 2011 at 10:58 am
RedheadAtHeart ELITE, Mountain Home, Idaho

Love with open hands. - Madeleine L'Engle

I love it. Perhaps I should write a companion piece: You Know There's A Gymnast In Your Family When...

Nah, just kidding. Well written. Good job of conveying just how tough gymnasts' lives can be sometimes. And kudos for not using any of the phrases from the t-shirts that say the same thing!