LACROSSE | Teen Ink

LACROSSE

By Tom Park BRONZE, Ashburn, Virginia
Tom Park BRONZE, Ashburn, Virginia

Lacrosse is a very fun sport because it’s a combination of football and hockey. In lacrosse you
can hit, and to win you have to score in a goal.

In Lacrosse the goals are small, so it’s a challenge between both teams. During a game,
you can’t pick up the ball with your hands, hit someone on the head with the stick, stiff-
arm your opponent, push or hit someone on the back, or check the goalie when he
has the ball. You can get sent to the penalty box for doing unsafe actions. There are different
sticks for each position. Since lacrosse can be a very dangerous sport, you have to wear safe
and comfortable equipment. You need a helmet, shoulder pads, elbow pads, gloves, and a stick.
Lacrosse can be played in any season because there are box lacrosse (winter), regular lacrosse
(spring and fall), and summer lacrosse tournaments. The advantage of playing lacrosse is you
can play anytime, anywhere because all you need is a stick and a ball. It is really easy to practice
lacrosse because you can play inside the house with a rubber or foam ball. The disadvantage is,
if you accidently loose a ball, it’s really hard to find it.
I really like lacrosse because it is really fun and it’s very intense. The sport lacrosse is
very unique because it is the only sport that involves playing with an alloy (metal) stick. I also
really enjoy playing it because no one really knows about the sport lacrosse. Overall, I think
lacrosse is very, fun and easy after you get the hang of it. I