Ouch! | Teen Ink

Ouch!

Boom! The ball is kicked off to us. The ball is flying in the air, falling towards Kyle. Kyle runs so fast that he passes everybody until he gets tackled at the twenty yard line. It is 4th down not knowing what to do. We try a run up through the line of scrimmage, and we can’t make it. The ball is turned over. They go for a long pass to their wide receiver. He catches it; I dive to him right before the end zone. I tackle him and…

Today is game day. I and all my football friends wore our football jerseys to school for the game today. We all sat down at the lunch tables in the morning. “We’re going to win this game man, but only if coach puts in a good defense this game!” AJ says to everyone at the lunch table.

I reply to AJ saying, “Yeah he wouldn’t even put me in as nose guard, and he knows that I’m the best at that position.”

Ding… Ding… Ding! The bell for school starting its day went off, so we all went to our first period classes. After first period it was an A day so me, AJ and Brennan have Mrs. Carlton. We talked about the game some more in her class. Then we got in trouble for talking in class. We were all excited for the game.

Its 1:45 in the afternoon and the teachers let all the football players out to go get ready for the game. We go into the locker rooms to put on out gross, sweaty football pants on and then head for the bus. Usually for the bus ride to an away game I listen to some music to help me concentrate. I will listen to the rap band “Tech n9ne” to help me concentrate. It was a long bus ride to the game, because it is all the way out past Corvallis, Oregon. After sitting on the bus for two hours we finally reach our destination. We all gather out football gear and get off the bus. As we walk to the football field, we see the other team. Matt, our wide receiver says, “Dude they are all really big.”

Sam, our really tall lineman says, “Matt that’s just because you’re really short.”

We get no time for our stretching. We have to start the game right away. The team gets in their kick receiving positions.

Tweet! The whistle blows. Boom! The ball gets kicked off to us. The ball is flying in the air, falling towards Kyle. Kyle runes so fast that he passes everybody until he gets tackled twenty yards before the end zone. It is 4th down and not knowing what to do. We try a run up through the line of scrimmage, and we can’t make it. The ball is turned over. They go for a long pass to their wide receiver. He catches it, I started running after him. I dive to him right before the end zone. I tackle him and… Ouch! His cleat goes right into my no-no square. All my body weight went right onto his cleat. This is the worst pain I have ever been in.

The coach comes running towards me as he sees me lying on the field not moving, because I was in so much pain. I had my hand on my crotch. He carries me off the field, because I can’t walk in this strong of pain running through my body. My coach sets me down on the bench to rest my no-no square. I stayed out of the game for the rest of it, because it hurt so bad that I couldn’t even touch it.

The game was over and we lost by three touchdowns. I walked onto the bus with AJ’s help. When I sat down on the bus I put my hand on my no-no square and it was covered in blood. I was really freaked out from it. Everyone thought there was something really wrong with it. When we got back to school I told my coach, and he said I probably have a tear on my crotch. I wanted to go to the hospital, but I was just going to wait to rest it and wait a day or two to see if it heals up. This was the worst pain ever!

i love sports