Wrestler's Pride This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

For weeks I've worked, for countless hours I've practiced till blood poured from my pores instead of sweat. I have run so far; for so long, the miles all seem to blur. I drill my moves, I've wrestled my friends for so long I can practice a move in my sleep. I have become a machine, made of pride and determination. Programmed to win at any cost, functioning with nothing but one hundred percent on the mat, and when I walk off, I know I can always hold my head up high.

Now I think of all I've done, everything that I have to prove as I warm up for my match. I know that every time I step onto the mat, my heart will be tested again. I can feel my heart pump, my blood course through my veins. As I get closer to the mat I pass through the tunnel of my teammates, my brothers, all cheering and chanting my name. I can smell the metallic smell of adrenaline; I feel its rush roar through my head. My coach smirks and nods, he knows, I know, even my opponent knows. I am ready to wrestle! l