Morning Jog | Teen Ink

Morning Jog

A while ago I use to run. I would wake up early in the morning and get ready to go. During running season it was the same old same old. Get up at 6:30AM and eat some food, get some water put shoes on get ready for a run. There was one run particularly that was harsh. It looked like it was going to be a nice day for a run. A nice day is overcast or dark and cool. But it turned out to be too good of a good day to run. It was nice and cool at the beach. I started to run north up towards Marina Del Ray. It stayed hazy for while. Then 3 miles after I turned around coming back from Marina Del Ray I felt some drops. As I kept getting closer they drops began to fall harder and faster. I reached the Manhattan Beach Pier and kept heading south for the wall down about 2 and ½ miles. It just started to down poor on me. I just kept running faster and faster to get back to the pier to be picked up. After that I was tired and cold.

Running is not all about getting out there for exercise. Running, for serious Runners, is about endurance. About how far can you last? A good runner can last for 20 to 30 miles.

Most people who start running do not know how to start. They make it there own way. They just go out to the nearest store and they buy some running shoes, not knowing what the best brand is or shoe for them. They just buy some New Balance or Nike and go with it. Most people fail at running because they do not know what pace to go for or they do not gage how far they go and do not see results after they have ran for a couple weeks.

Running is a sport that does not take much knowledge. Once you get the basics you can not go wrong. The one thing that running takes is perseverance. You have to have the will to do it. I know if I did not believe in my self I could not have finished all the races that I have done. It is one thing to be a fast runner, but if you do not have the will then you will not finish any of the longer races. A marathon takes a lot of will. I have done three and I can say that if you have not properly changed and do not have the will then you will never do one of those.

Running is a sport that not only takes training but the will to finish or go as far as a marathon.

hiitsbri said...
on Jun. 17 2009 at 5:16 am
This was a really good article!! I'm so happy that it was published and proud. It was really inspirational!! Good Job