My Best Friend | Teen Ink

My Best Friend

March 12, 2018
By Anonymous

Everyone has a best friend, whether you hate them or love them you still have them and believe it or not you need them. So today I want to talk about my best friend Matt Moscrip, he’s one like no other, one you can trust. You won’t be disappointed.
    

It all started 4 years ago when we both played on our U14 comp soccer team, we loved conquering other teams, using our friendship as a weapon. We knew each other so well we didn’t have to say a word on the field, we blew by kids with our lightning quick passing and slammed that ball home in the net every game. We were unstoppable. Than we started getting together out of soccer, we found out that we both liked fishing and that became our second bond, after practices we would meet up at the lake behind our houses and pull out monster bass I mean huge slammers! To this day one of my favorite things is fishing with my best friend… we did this for a year until working out came along, it was our new thing we loved to do together. Now that we were workout partners, we became closer than ever. About 16 now and still hitting the gym every day, slamming that iron non-stop, grinding past the pain until we were drenched in our own sweat like Texas when Harvey hit. We were serious. And he was the only one with a car always picking me up, and making this all possible. I truly am grateful to have a friend willing to do that and not give up on me.                                                                                                        
   

And now here we are, my last year in high school, and he is about to finish his AA at Easter Florida College this semester, than he will be leaving for another college most likely UCF. This will be a hard time because we have been so close over the last 4 years, but I realize it is a positive thing. I am proud of him and can’t wait to see what life has instore for him and all the amazing things he accomplishes. I will miss him a lot, but we will for sure keep in touch and look forward to those “LIT” visits. I know this isn’t a “good bye”, just a “see you later bro” because I know were a bond that can’t be broken. Love ya man


The author's comments:

I was inspired to write this because this world is getting so bad and theres not enough love going around anymore... so i wrote about one thing that matters to me.