The Most Magical Place on Earth | Teen Ink

The Most Magical Place on Earth

By Whiteterrier2003 BRONZE, Maumee, Ohio
Whiteterrier2003 BRONZE, Maumee, Ohio

When I stepped into Walt Disney World for my first time on June 16th, 2006, I didn’t know my life was about to change forever. I was only three years old, but I still remember meeting Minnie Mouse at the front gates. Now, eleven years later, my tenth trip to Walt Disney World was about to begin. “Brrrringggg!!! Brrrringggg!!!” My alarm clock screeches at about 6:00 am. I stumble out of bed with my eyes still half closed and run to catch the Disney bus, ready for a day at Walt Disney World.

Once I step onto the bus, the ice cold air conditioning hits me, and I find myself fully awake and ready for a day at the park. Upon stepping off the bus, I taste the hot, sticky air of Orlando, Florida in mid-summer, knowing that I have finally arrived in Walt Disney World. As I take my first steps into the Magic Kingdom, I see Cinderella’s castle looming in the distance. Seeing this beautiful Disney World trademark gives me a feeling of warmth, my heart sensing all the magic of Disney. Walking down Main Street U.S.A., I notice old-fashion shops and store fronts, lining both sides of the street. The sweet, warm, Mickey Mouse cinnamon rolls greet me, like fresh chocolate chip cookies when they come out of the oven. These cinnamon rolls are humongous in size, with creamy fresh icing on top, found only at the Crystal Palace restaurant. I rush over to the restaurant, a beautiful white building with crystal-like columns, my stomach rumbling as if I hadn't eaten in days.

Upon stepping outside the Crystal Palace after a delicious breakfast, I hear the Festival of Fantasy Parade music. Sure enough, my favorite parade is coming around the bend. I stop and watch the large floats, with bright colors and decorations, and wave to the Disney characters as they walk by. Next, I make my way into Fantasyland, and hop aboard my favorite boat ride, “It’s a Small World.” After I get off the ride, I find myself singing the catchy tune. Then I turn to the right, and before I can spot the Seven Dwarf Mine Train, I can hear it. As the train car roars past, I see a mix of people laughing and screaming for their lives. Each person on that ride has a sense of happiness radiating off of them.

I continue walking towards the right, making my way into Tomorrowland. Before I know it, I smell Mickey Pretzels coming from the Lunching Pad, a restaurant that looks like a rocket ship launching pad. I purchase a pretzel and a water, feeling as if I could drink an ocean, and continue on my way, enjoying the taste of the pretzel’s fluffy dough. I walk towards Adventureland, starting to feel the hot Florida sun beat on my back and the temperature reach what feels like 200°F. I decide to cool down, and hop on Splash Mountain. The boat rushes down the gigantic hill, and I hear other people scream as I laugh with delight. Water flies upward, drenching my clothes and hair as I plunge to the bottom of the hill.

After drying off and eating dinner, I make my way back to Main Street U.S.A. to position myself for the best view of the fireworks show. Finally, after thousands of years, (or so it feels), I finally see the first firework shoot up into the sky. “Bang!” The fireworks continue to shoot up and explode in the sky, like popcorn popping. As the fireworks and music accompaniment continue, I look around at the people beside me. People with smiles on their faces. People who are enjoying every second of this moment. People crafting wonderful memories. I smile to myself, and look back up at the last few fireworks in the sky. The song finishes, summing up what your life is like after a day in Walt Disney World. Happily Ever After.