Maharani | Teen Ink

Maharani

By plaskey.m BRONZE, Detroit, Michigan
plaskey.m BRONZE, Detroit, Michigan

I have a female cat named maharani (ma-ha-ra-nee). Her name translates to the sanskrit term for high queen. Maharani’s name really fits her because she walks around like she rules the land. Much like a queen she is reserved and quiet for the most part, only speaking, or in her case meowing when it is absolutely necessary. This makes it likely that everyone will pay attention when she does make some noise because it’s very seldom that she does.

She is very picky with who she is affectionate with, as if she knows her worth. She knows that she is of higher class than the stray cats that roam the neighborhood and she behaves accordingly. This is partly due to the fact that she is well aware of how pretty she is.

Her fur is long, black, and luxurious on most of her body. Her paws the bottom of her tummy, and the tip of her tailare white. She has chartreuse colored eyes and long white whiskers that frame her face and seem to attract a fair amount of attention. She is warm and soft, with a purr that sounds like music to my Ears. I  personally think she’s the best looking cat in the world, but it’s fair to say that i’m biased.

I wrote about my cat.