What's It Like Being a Twin?

“What’s it like being a twin?” a stranger asks.

My mind begins to race with possible answers. I want to explain how I am constantly being compared to her. I want to tell them often I am jealous that my sister is smarter and more artistic than me. Is there a way to casually tell them I have been robbed of my individuality?

Or I could tell stories of us singing in the rain, and how she makes me not feel so alone. When I reflect on every good memory I have, she is present. I suppose in some ways, my sister is my best friend.

My words get caught in my throat as I manage to stutter, “It’s ok.”

WolfWhisperer0911This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
yesterday at 9:19 pm
@Amelia111 Awesome job I can feel the emotions of envy, sadness, anger, and depression from this article. Really, keep up good work!

Amelia111This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 11:30 am
It makes me so happy that you actually like my writing! Thank you so much for reading

WolfWhisperer0911This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
today at 1:01 pm
@Amelia111 Well you seen my work, it is least I can do! :)