Summer Love

I moved to Hemet, CA in the last week of November of 2015. My first day in my new middle school was December 1st, the day I met her. Her name was Summer Love, she was new too. We became friends instantly. We had 4 classes together plus lunch. Many kids in the school thought we were related because we spent so much time together. She was a strong young woman, she had gone through so many tough times in her life, including being moved around so much that she had gone to 10 different schools in her lifetime. We were only in 8th grade, she was 15 years old. In the beginning of March she told me that she was moving again, we met in the afternoon so she could give me my math notebook back, because I had let her borrow it to copy my notes. I watched her walk into the sunset. Little did I know that would be the last time I would see her. On March 31, 2016 she passed away because of a car accident. I told her was that I would text her soon to see how she was doing. I got caught up in life and never texted her. That is one of the biggest regrets in my life. I thought that she would always be here, I never expected her to go away so quick. I never got to tell her how grateful I was to have met her, she made my move to Hemet so much easier. I learned the hard way not to let a single day pass you by without telling the people you care about how grateful you are for them and that you love them.