Devastating Loss | Teen Ink

Devastating Loss

By Lazalde BRONZE, Fort Worth, TX, Texas
Lazalde BRONZE, Fort Worth, TX, Texas

My grandpa was rushed to the hospital on a rainy Saturday night . When I heard him not breathing in the bed next to mine , my heart dropped . I felt like I was just hit by an 18 wheeler truck . As we got to the hospital , all I wanted know was if my grandpa was going to make it. Monday morning came around and my grandpa was gone. I couldn't help but just cry . My Grandpa didn't deserve this.

My grandpa was rushed to the hospital on a rainy Saturday night . When I heard him not breathing in the bed next to mine , my heart dropped . I felt like I was just hit by an 18 wheeler truck . As we got to the hospital , all I wanted know was if my grandpa was going to make it. Monday morning came around and my grandpa was gone. I couldn't help but just cry . My Grandpa didn't deserve this. As I got older, the falling of my grandpa really put me down since me and him were really close. We were so close to the point to where we would be together every single second of the week. He was so humble and charming. He never did something I didn't like. For example, he never smoked nor drunk alcohol. Every bad day that I have I just think about all those times me and my grandpa shared a laugh, but there's times where I feel like I'm out of my mind. My grandpa always told me a bit of advice every time we spent time together and somehow I remember this quote; "If you're not doing what you love then you're wasting your time." My life changed because of that one saying he told me. It makes me keep going through the tough things in life and it makes me think twice about my future. I know later on in life I will use my grandpa as inspiration.

My grandpa was also the star of the family. He always brightened up everyone's day with his playful jokes and his wonderful stories. I feel like everyone in the family looks up to grandpa because they all act like my grandpa except my grandpa is more truthful when it comes to a one-on-one conversation. I understand my grandpa more when I talked to him. He never made me pull the trigger on myself. Those thoughts are irrelevant when I think about my grandpa. My grandpa has so much power when it comes to my life. He was very heroic in the lives throughout my family. He lives in our heads without a doubt. He was always enthusiastic about everything and that's what made him very special. My family and I were very devastated when my grandpa passed away. If you think about it he's the reason why I strive to have a good life and work for my goals. My grandpa will always watch over me and he will see me succeed in life and I will never give up and I know my family members will too. No matter how hard a task will be I will do it for my grandpa.

My grandpa's passing inspired me to write this piece