Girl Talk | Teen Ink

Girl Talk

Hey girls let's get a little personal. Have you ever wished you had a bigger or smaller chest?

Well i never really understood wanting a bigger chest. Me and my friend got into an argument over which is better. Don’t judge an opinion until you have considered maybe why they think it.

It was at school. Me and my friend were talking at the lunch table. She was saying she wished she had a bigger chest. I didn’t understand and certainly didn’t agree. Since I've had experience with bigger chest to me it seemed a smaller one would be more wanted. However she insisted that wasn’t the case

Now my first objection is you should like yourself the way you are. However I know that’s hardly ever the case nowadays. So i suppose that my first reasonable argument was that the bigger you are the harder it is to find your size and it’s more expensive when you do. My second justification was whenever it comes to clothes you have to find just the right things to be in school appropriate attire. My final attempt at reasoning was how sore your  shoulders are at the end of the day due to holding the weight.

The one reason she told me was that guys don’t pay much attention to her. I assumed that maybe another reason was dresses for smaller chested girls are generally kind of plain. Finally people might pick on her.

I learned that maybe she’s lonely. Maybe she wants more designs on clothes. Maybe she doesn’t like being picked on. It was a lot easier to understand her once i used empathy

This is about a disagreement between me and one of my best friends