Sacramento, My Home | Teen Ink

Sacramento, My Home

December 8, 2016
By camilo SILVER, Sacrmento, California
camilo SILVER, Sacrmento, California
5 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
" Would you believe in what you believe in if you where the only one who believed it? "


California, Our capital is Sacramento. I live in Sacramento, If you live and any other place your first vacation location would not be Sacramento instead it would be Los Angeles, Oakland, Santa Cruz, ect. Sacramento isn’t your first on that list but it should be in there, we have beautiful buildings and parks.We have to beautiful arenas here in sacramento where people like Kanye West performed there. Thats not including Raley field ,our own baseball stadium. Fun is what Sacramento is all about with beautiful locations such like Old Sacramento, a replica of sacramento in its pioneer days. Great history there in Old Sac, like the railroad museum with old steam engine oh yeah and if you walk on the train tracks are safe no trains run through anymore. We also have a yearly household income is averaged about 80,000 dollars.


All that informations up there I just told you is a big fat lie. We  don’t have 80,000 dollar yearly incomes, some of us don't even got half of that some don't have an income or a house. Sacramento is very different to the Sacramento outside people see on the TV. Our structures are not beautiful they are old but not beautiful, all they are are rundown, messed up houses with rats and the scent of strong weed. On the daily every two or one hour the ghetto bird (police helicopter) fly above the hood, with the lawn mower sounding engine above and taking through the speaker.


We just don’t have all the same problems, we have drug violence in the area also. Right in front of my house in a regular schedule of 5pm every day i see the drug dealing. Almost every night in the distance you can listen to the sound of soft pops and if you smell closely the gun powered comes to smell, burning rubber is a smell around the area. Close or far away you can hear the roaring of supercharged V8 or a twin turbo or single turbo V6 or straight 6.


Yes we are a beautiful city but the people don't show the sad reality behind the camera and behind the beauty of that city. Sacramento is not perfect but it is home, its is my home, it is our home,we love Sacramento city


The author's comments:

This artical ia all about how the midea or any TV source of media will sometimes how the good and poitive sides of cities, in this case my home sacramento.