The Car Crash | Teen Ink

The Car Crash

November 9, 2016
By moneygang BRONZE, Sacramento, California
moneygang BRONZE, Sacramento, California
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
God is good


  I saw my cousin get hit by a car. We were in Los Angeles, California and we were visiting some of my mom close friend and her family. We were getting ready to go down to the beach but my mom and aunty felt really tired so they were taking turns in taking showers.
           My younger brother Brandon who was 10 ,and my little cousin Nathan who was 4, were outside playing and my older brother my grandma and i were inside watching tv. Its pretty cool because at my mom friend’s house there's planes that fly above her house, so my brother and my cousin were looking at the planes above. They both wanted to go to the car to go get their Ds. The car was across the street. At that time my mom and aunt had just got out the shower, they were getting ready.
          My brother and cousin decided to go get my little cousin Ds, without their guardian permission. There was a U-haul coming their direction. They didn't look when they were crossing the street. My cousin crossed the street first and as soon as he did you hear a “ boom “. My aunt looked out the window and knew her son was out there. She instantly started crying and freaking out of what she was going to see outside. My mom and her friend remembered they were outside.
        There was already people from across the street screaming ‘ help help ! Call 911!” The girl yelled. Someone had already called the ambulance. There was blood on the street and grass. My cousin wasn't talking , I thought he was dead. I was so scared and terrified I didn't want to be near him. I felt bad for my brother because he felt like it was his fault. The ambulance came and took him to the hospital, my aunt, his mom went in the ambulance with him. My mom and grandma also left right after. My cousin was injured badly at the age of 4.
       He didn't die but he was in the hospital for a long time. He had to stay in Los Angeles for couple of weeks and was sent home in the bus after he got released from the hospital. It took him couple of months to start walking again. He now has a big scar from his foot. Since that day we learned to look both ways when crossing the street.


The author's comments:

to apperciate your own family ans take care of them and love them.