Neighbors Are the Best, Sort of | Teen Ink

Neighbors Are the Best, Sort of

November 14, 2016
By Fraparino BRONZE, Tigard, Oregon
Fraparino BRONZE, Tigard, Oregon
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

A lot of people have nice, kind, very normal, and amazing neighbors. But where I live neighbors are just not the greatest, they are the opposite of normal. My neighbor did some crazy things that included: kicking a soccer ball at our garage door, attacked by their dog, and them running a go kart in the back of our car.

The first day we arrived in our new house, the neighbors directly across from us met us in the front of our yard. They greeted us, and they seemed very nice so we became friends for a while. Every day they would come to our house asking if their kid could play with me. Every day I denied it because he was very strange. After one week being at the new house, the kid apparently kicked a soccer ball at our garage door and dented the side. We were mad, but the kid apologized so we forgave him and we were still friends. After the incident we were starting to dislike like them even more.

It has been about a month since a bad incident has happened with our neighbors, we haven’t talked with them since the dented garage. One day I went over to their house to see if they were home and their dog was loose, and the dog jumped on me and took me to the ground. I was only 7 at the time so it was pretty scary for me. I ended up getting a couple of cuts but nothing too bad. After the dog had jumped on me, my parents started to get mad at the neighbors.

It had been several weeks since the dog attacked me and the neighbors got a new go-kart. They were riding it around the neighborhood for a little bit when we heard a loud smash and we saw the kid with the go-kart right against our car. The kid ended up denting the rear end of the car. All of us were tired of all the bad stuff that they have done to us in the past several months.


They messed up the muffler and the license plate on our car. At least it was a volkswagon, and it that it wasn't a fancy car. They constantly would come to our house and apologize, whenever they saw us they would say sorry.


All around I have bad experiences with neighbors in the past, and hope to not have those problems ever again. I always wished I could have my other neighbors back from my old neighborhood because they were very nice. I have learned a lesson that you should always be careful who you hang out with because they could either be mean or a bad influence towards you. My neighbor did some crazy things that included: kicking a soccer ball at our garage door, attacked by their dog, and them running a go kart in the back of our car.


The author's comments:

I hope that people will learn that they need to choose who they become friends with.