The Time I Got An F | Teen Ink

The Time I Got An F

By Milandeep BRONZE, Riverside, California
Milandeep BRONZE, Riverside, California

I was in seventh grade, in middle school. I had gone to all my classes except for fifth and sixth. I went to fifth period, did all my work and the classes was about to end. Since it was Friday, the teacher was passing out grade checks to get signed and bring back on Monday. She goes alphabetical order so my name was one of the lasts to come. When my name was finally called up, I went up and got my grade check.I got it and when I was walking back to my seat, I looked at the grade check. I had an F. I went back to talk to the teacher. I asked her, “Why do I have an F?”
She said, “You haven't turned in your Semester One Review.”
I asked, “How much time do I have to turn it in?”
“You have until next Friday,” she answered. I was confident that I would turn it in, but all my confidence went to fear when I thought of my dad. My dad is going to be so mad that I had an F. He always tells me to get good grade, but this is my first time I had gotten and F. Even in sixth period, all I could think about was the F. After school when I got home, I was so relieved, because my dad wasn't home. I tried asked my older sister to sign it, but as always she ratted me out. She called my dad and told him that I had an F and that he had sign it. I was so terrified that before he got home, I finished all my homework, so he wouldn't be mad about that.
I finally got home. I was so scared that I had sweat running down my neck. I looked like I had just taken a shower, with my shirt on. He sat in the other room in the house, and told me to come in there. I went in there, and I thought that I was going to get slapped, but when I got there he told me to sit down. I was so scared that the scent of my sweat went all around the room. I don't even know why I was scared because he didn't yell or slap me. All we did was sit down and talked about it. He told me that he had an F one time, and that he knows the pressure. He told me to get my grade up, and if I can't, to at least try my best.
Because of my dad saying to try my best, that really encouraged me to do it. That Sunday, I stayed up till 2 o’clock in the morning and got it done. I have to finish this, I thought. The next day I turned it in, and on Friday, when I got my next grade check, I had an A. It was like looking at a very cute pitbull.
  This experience has taught me to never procrastinate. Waiting till the last minute will only make you life harder.

I am a freshmen at Patriot High School. I like to to read and write in my spare time.