In Search of.....Myself

IN SEARCH OF…..MYSELF

As time passes changes keep taking place around the world. We have to adjust with the world for our survival. In the present world, everyone has money madness- the greed for money. In that greed we have forgotten our humanity. We are unknown of our true abilities and we have also lost our identities.

When I am idle, I wonder “Who am I?”

As the sun rises I set out In Search of Myself. What is my true identity? What am I? Such questions keep running in my mind. I have lost my identity; just like I am lost in the crowds. No person in the upcoming generations will ever know that there existed a person named Krishna G. Kamath (which is me). So I want to setup a milestone on my name just like that of great scientist’s or great sportsman’s or any other well known personality’s name. Whenever I see a great personality, I think why can’t I be like that one? What lacks in me? And I get no answer.

I want to complete the task of setting a milestone on my name as soon as possible because I have a short duration of time. I know I lived yesterday, I am living today but I don’t know whether I may live tomorrow or not. I may or may not be having a day called tomorrow.

I am like clay, which is shaped by lot of people. I try to retain my shape but I fail to do so because I am like wet soft clay which takes the shape of a container. People contain me; they mould me and finally shape me.

I recall what I was in the past and later compare myself in the past with myself in the present day. Atlas I tell to myself “How I was…how I’ve become now…All my fate!”

I blame my fate for my failures. The bitter truth is I am myself responsible for my failures and not my fate. I am unable to face my teachers who had put in so much effort to develop my personality. How can I ever face them? If I face them, what will I say? Should I say them that their efforts went in vain? Should I say them that I broke their trusts? I couldn’t even speak to my beloved teacher eye-to-eye. I greeted my teacher with stolen sights.

Now I’ve found what I am. I have regained my identity. I want to be an obedient son, a responsible elder, a brave man, a caring brother and before being all these I first want to become a good human. I want to render my duties very well and fulfill all the wishes of my parents, my friends and all my loved ones. I fear what if I am unable to keep up my promises? What if I’m unable to render my duties well?

I pray to god, if life was only for a short period for me its fine. But if I ever have a second life or a rebirth, I would like and wish to be born as Krishna again to the same parents, in the same nation and region and with same friends and relatives; so that I can complete my promises and duties that I may not be able to complete in this life.