The Lessons | Teen Ink

The Lessons

June 25, 2016
By Lakshmy PLATINUM, Kumily, Other
Lakshmy PLATINUM, Kumily, Other
24 articles 1 photo 6 comments

The lessons.

I came across a picture quote recently. And it said that, 'when its all finished, you will discover that it was never random.' The thought kindof hit me hard. It certainly did deliver to me one big truth of life; nothing happens in random.

It is easy to look back at life and find million examples of this fact. More than often, those moments in past are the ones that shook the very basics of our foundations and defined us in a different manner. In simple words, the life changing moments were not random at all. They were all planned and executed professionally and without a fail. :)

Sometimes it breaks us when some people leave. Sometimes we break others by leaving them. And sometimes we put ourselves in situations that now looks perfectly stupid and yet at that point of time, the inevitable. But now I feel that all these million times when things slipped, when things broke and hurt everyone and everything, things were actually falling in place somehow.

Looking back, I think a few people who have become heartaches now, came in for a purpose. Perhaps just to keep us strong or at the least give us a company at that point in life. I am not sure, but still their purpose was that of support while in the background the big picture was happening all the while. They now look like chains that connect different pieces of life together. And sadly, they are but pieces of the jigsaw puzzle our life is. They don't make the base picture. They never will. Although we presume it to be so at times then and there.


And much like this, to people who wonder why I came into their lives, the very same description would help I guess. I am perhaps just a simple part in your puzzle that is inevitable for its completion, yet not the big picture itself.

I am not sure of what the big picture of my life is, yet I am sure that I have grown up to take life as it comes, to embrace with grace the love and beauty it offers. I am glad a change has set in that has helped me redefine a lot of things and ultimately look at life with a big apple smile. :)