All I Wanted Was to Fit In | Teen Ink

All I Wanted Was to Fit In

By skittles00 BRONZE, Sacarmento, California
skittles00 BRONZE, Sacarmento, California

"Death is not the greatest loss in life.The greatest loss is what dies inside while still alive.Never Surrender."

“All I wanted is to fit in”

Looking at myself and seeing on what I have become. I just went along with it and if felt like my dreams are finally coming true. While laughing at this kid name Eric, I thought to myself that, ”I was in the same position as him, being laugh at and not having anyone to have my back.”

Later on, the cool kids in school came up to me and told me,” hey if u do this thing for us, you can be in the group with us.”

In my mind, I’m saying,” yes finally, I can be normal, but what if I don’t want to do it?”  I asked them,” what if I back out of this.”

They told me that, they will tell my school crush “Emily” that I went my bed at night. I was afraid that they will tell her but I’m not going to let that happened, so did what they told me.

It was lunch time, it was time to make my move. I see Eric walking to lunch by himself. I went behind him and pull down his pants and all you saw was his bob the builder boxers. Everyone was laughing at him and Eric was crying a lot. Out of nowhere, my school crush “Emily” ran up to him and started yelling at everyone saying,

“Stop it, how would u like it if you were made fun of and everyone laughing at you.” All you hear was nothing put silent. She looked at me and gave me the death glare. Then she told me, ”who do you think you are, you should be ashamed of yourself, grow up.”

She walked away with Eric and told they teacher what I’ve done. The cools kids didn’t even want me to be in their group, they just wanted me to do their dirty work. Many children around the world are pressure you to do something that makes you feel upset or mad. We people struggle to say “no” for answer. In everyone mind when they kids were, “all I did was to fit in” but really you’re just going to regret in the future. Don’t be a bystander and say something.