Everything | Teen Ink

Everything

June 13, 2016
By MoonBaby SILVER, Idaho Falls, Idaho
MoonBaby SILVER, Idaho Falls, Idaho
9 articles 0 photos 13 comments

Favorite Quote:
It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.


His strong arms held me tightly against his chest. I could hear his heart beating a steady rythm in my ear as I cuddled into his chest. I couldn't help but smile as he rubbed from my shoulder to my hip and back again. I look up at him, I don't get to see him relaxed like this very often. His eyes are closed and a small smile plays over his lips. I reach up and trace his lips with my finger. Without opening his eyes he opens his mouth and gently bites down on my finger. I chuckle and bite his chest in return. He opens his eyes and releases my finger then leans down and kisses my forehead. I grab my phone, "I have a song to show you." He grins, "Okay baby." I scroll through my playlist until I find the song I want. Find me here, once dead to me. I want to feel you, I need to hear you. I start to hum along with it and he holds me tighter. "Can I ask you something really cheesey?" I ask looking up at him. He looks down and nods. "Will you dance with me?" He smiles and pulls me up off the bed with him. I wrap my arms around his neck and he wraps his around my waist. He holds me tight against his body and rests his forehead on mine as we start to sway. In that moment I feel like everything has fallen into place and I am right where I am destined to be. We both start singing along and we hug each other even tighter. When the song ends he lifts my chin and kisses me soundly, grabbing fistfuls of my shirt. "This feels so right." He whispers against my lips. A tear rolls down my cheek and I kiss him again. I know in that moment that I want to spend the rest of my life like this, with him.


The author's comments:

Look up the song Everything by Lifehouse.