10 Things I Know to be True | Teen Ink

10 Things I Know to be True

May 16, 2016
By AnnaH BRONZE, Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania
AnnaH BRONZE, Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

1.  That most people in the world are good, and not to let mistrust in some cause mistrust in all.
2.  That there’s always going to be someone prettier than you, smarter than you, better than you, and that you shouldn’t let that affect how you view yourself.
3.  That not everyone is going to like you, and that’s okay.
4.  That you shouldn’t spend time making others happy until you are happy yourself.
5.  That you can’t fix every flaw, so instead of agonizing over your imperfections, accept them as part of you and move on.
6.  That you shouldn’t waste your time trying to change someone who doesn’t want to be changed.
7.  That there’s always going to be someone who tells you you can’t, and it’s up to you to prove them wrong.
8.  That it’s usually the simplest things that make you the happiest.
9.  That there are times when you shouldn’t offer your opinion unless it is asked for.
10. That people’s insecurities are the weight upon their shoulders, and you shouldn’t make them heavier than they already are.