My Fears and Weaknesses | Teen Ink

My Fears and Weaknesses

By Nashi BRONZE, Cochranton, Pennsylvania
Nashi BRONZE, Cochranton, Pennsylvania

"a persons a person no matter how small"
Horton the elaphant

Fear,

A four letter word. The dictionary calls this word “an unpleasant emotion caused by the belief that something or someone is dangerous or a threat. It may be true but fear is so much more than what the dictionary says. Fear is a word that is amazingly hard to describe, yet everyone knows the feeling. The feeling of fear can be a harmful thing; like the fear of being mugged, kidnapped, raped, or simply dying. Then there is the fear of losing. Losing your life, your mind, your friends, and your family.

Then there is weakness. I again tell you that the dictionary tries to put this emotion we feel in word. It says that weakness is “the state or condition of lacking strength”, but that’s a dictionary, not me. We all have a weakness, maybe a few. They’re usually bullies, friends, enemes, and family. The worst part is that your friends and family can be your bullies and enemies. They can build you up and knock you down

My biggest weakness is my family. My biggest fear is them dying. Then on January 6th at 9:36 pm, my great-grandfather died at the age 93. Then on January 12, my aunt was diagnosed with cancer. That’s when I realized my greatest weakness, worst than just my family.

My worst fear is my mother crying…