Her Name | Teen Ink

Her Name

By EricN BRONZE, San Diego, California
EricN BRONZE, San Diego, California

I saw this really beautiful girl at school. I was going to try to find out her name. One of my friends told me her name. I would see her walking around school. One day, I saw her with this one guy. After I saw her with that one guy, I didn't want to talk to her.

Weeks passed and the guy and her were not together anymore. That's when I wanted to talk to her again. I was close with her cousin Nani. One day, I asked Nani to tell her cousin to see if she knew who I was. The next day, Nani told me she didn't like me. It was even harder now for me to talk to her because I knew she wasn't into me.

One day I asked her Nani for her number, and she gave it to me. I started to text her. I was being really sweet to her. After three weeks talking to her, I asked her if she would ever date me,  and she said yeah she would. When we were at school, I asked her for a kiss and she gave me one. I asked her if we could go for a date & she said yeah. I took her to the movies. After the movies, I took her out to eat at In-N-Out. Before we got to her house, I asked her if she would like to be my girlfriend. She said yes, I will be yours. I asked her if I could go talk with her mom and dad.  At first she didn't want to, but then she said yeah. 

I walked inside her house, and I went to go sit on the couch. She went inside her mom's room to call them. When they came, we started to talk.  I asked them if its okay for me to date their daughter. They said yeah its okay for me to date her. Her dad just told me not to cheat on her and to make her really happy. Ever since that day, we've been together. We've been together for 1 year and 6 months. All through those days and today we've been really happy together. 

Her name is Berenice.

I wanted to write about something that happened in my life. And this was one that made me really happy.