Bad Memories | Teen Ink

Bad Memories

By redneck.cupcake01 SILVER, Wildwood, Florida
redneck.cupcake01 SILVER, Wildwood, Florida

You were the first guy to break my heart, the first guy to leave me alone in the dark. When i hear all these stories they sound oh so sweet, but i know my mamma's lying just to save you from me.  You were always out "working" getting your money but, from ages 3-6 i don't even remember knowing your name. When you finally came back you tried to teach me about boys, tried to show me their game & which ones had a playboy name but you were the real one running and playing that game. You might not have cheated but it still hurt the same. All the screams and yells down the hall- they made my little hands shake but i kept staying strong for my family's sake. I remember being quite and not saying crap bout all those times you hit me and pretended it never happend. Yeah you were strong, yeah you were tough but not like a dad should be ; damn you made my life rough.  We were always moving here and their to try and fix it but then you got cancer and we all just pretended. You were in pain, yes you were hurting so we just acted like all the crap you've done never even hurt us. But see now you're good and now you're healthy but still no one's stepped up and told the truth see-you were mean, you were cruel, you were harsh and now you're trying to act like we owe you. But see last time i remember you were the one with that gun in your hand last time i remember you were the one yelling for us and yourself to be dead.  You kicked my brother out on the streets and you're still wondering why you don't have a relationship with me. Why would I talk to you when all I wanna do is scream; just cause the world named you as my father doesn't indicate you mean that much to me.

I was inspired to write this piece by the current situation in my life. Everything in my piece is true and has more meaning then the words tell. I hope that people will understand that even someone that means the most to you can actually mean nothing but what everyone said they were. And that if you have a negative energy in your life you need to let it go.

I can also see this piece as a poetry item.