Grace's Pedestal | Teen Ink

Grace's Pedestal

By camocountrygirl GOLD, Hot Springs, Arkansas
camocountrygirl GOLD, Hot Springs, Arkansas

What goes around goes around!! The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot!!

You placed me so high on that pedestal when I fell from grace you took the hardest hit of all. I am only human after all, yet the image you have of me is stained and chipped it's only your eyes who choose not to see. One mistake I'm told is all it takes to ruin a lifetime. I just wish you could see, I'm not this perfect daughter who could do no wrong that in fact I'm the opposite.Then again your not around enough to really see here one minute only to be gone the next. You say it's to make a living, yet as the years have come to pass I've questioned this more and more I'm not alone in that. It's your life and I will never directly question it because that's just who I am don't expect me to remain that little girl. To be the same each time you return. People are constantly envolving so that they can handle whatever life might place in their path. Where were you to guide me along the way. You can look at other people's kids quick to judge what is being done wrong. I am not saying, I'm horrible and out of control. Just that I am not perfect and that I being your daughter make mistakes just as everyone else does.