Armenian Genocide | Teen Ink

Armenian Genocide

By AnushLoveee17 GOLD, Brooklyn, New York
AnushLoveee17 GOLD, Brooklyn, New York

sometimes you have to forget whats gone appreciate what still remains and look forward to whats coming next

The wisdom we have is the wisdom we share with our children for them to rise above the gods. The thought that everyone has different stories is amazing. When we were little kids we didn’t understand them but when we grew up we didn’t want to listen to them. Every family had that one story that’s passed through each family member. The one story that touched me the most was the one passed on from great-grandfather about Armenian Genocide. Every year on April 24th every Armenian family gather together and remember the tragic day. Sometimes on that day families go to church or they go to the memorial in Armenia, Yerevan. I was so touched by this story hearing how they were killed. Some people may ask what the Armenian Genocide? The Armenian Genocide was when the Turks wanted the Armenians to become Muslim and since they said no, the Turks killed in different ways. This Genocide was in 1915, some of the things they did were to make them walk for miles, with no shoes or food or water. When you leave in a country where religion is not a question you might think this genocide is not fair. However since that tragic day, though I was not even born yet every Armenian who lived through it or died during it, to me they are my heroes. I think it’s amazing that stories that been told to you and happened before you were born affect you in such a deep way. This changed the way I look at things, when we learn about tragic in the world it’s hard to understand what those people actually went through. When hearing this tragic story from elders or the survivors you begin to realize what those people went through.  Sometimes the hardest choices could be the safest. I’ve been taught that since I was a little girl that always choose the hardest choices because it gives time to figure it out and think what it means and where would it led you. Threw out my year of growing up to the person I am now I had many choices and decision some were hard some were easy. One of the hardest and tough choices I had to make was to forget my father and how he treated my family. I have realized that since I was a little girl I never realized the things I know and understand now.  People give up when they have to make hard choice and decision. I’ve always learned to never give up and if you fail at something don’t just give up stand back up and continue your journey. I’ve learned so much threw out my life, even though I’ve lost some people in my life. I still try my hardest. When I had to forget it made realized that I still have my mother who will led me to success and to a safe place threw out time I wanted to give up on my dancing but when I remembered that although its hard right mow but I know if I try hard and practice I will get better and succeed. Never take the easy way out and give up on the opportunities you have that can led to success.  To me this story that my great-great grandfather told me is very important and even though I don’t remember much from my childhood and I don’t think nobody dose. This one part of the childhood I will always cherish and remember.