The Last Sunset | Teen Ink

The Last Sunset

By Asmita SILVER, Indore, Other
Asmita SILVER, Indore, Other

faith is an oasis in heart which will never be reached by the caravan of thinking-Khalil Gibran

Commodities when clinch the finishing line tends us to slant our vision and sways us to see a new side to it. The gigantic prodigious ball whose beams coruscate amidst the fragments and squint out from the cloudy pane. The sight was quite blithe for me or was rather a reservoir of agitation, declaring “Game over ; time to go home” seemed little buoyant today, as if the round fiery creature has finally managed to melt down and now was supplicating me to stay there ….forever. As if the colossal shade was not in a mood to wave a bye and was beckoning me by blowing ushering breeze that crimpled my eyes and rushed through the very essence of my soul, causing me to rejoice each second, each beat and each breath.

It was something enigmatic that drew my scrutiny over and over again to the sun which was soon going to depart. He blazed on the newly placed forget-me-nots and glimmered at me. I never thought of biding adieu in such a manner. Gaping at the straggling sun, I closed my eyes to rejuvenate my lane with the nostalgic moments I have spent with the orange man, A smile curved up my parched lips until few wrinkles manifested themselves on my forehead and I felt a sudden heaviness…. As if a rock was kept on my chest that suffocated me. I was able to feel the sensation of struggle piercing my soul but the scuffle went off the moment I experienced a sudden jerk and was forced to open my eyes. The jerk numbed up my mind and I felt gauzy for no valid reason!

The shades around me geared up to dissolve themselves and pushed my vision to negatives. All I could comprehend was a girl lying on the bench her breath hauled up and surrounded by mourning faces. The faces appeared somewhat perceptible but were quite bleary. Her eyes were clemently covered by the lids and dense long lashes imparting her destined journey. The pearls on her either cheek was the matter of amusement which had not vanish till her funeral. To my utter surprise a grief smile shimmered my face for everyone over the procession thought that those droplets resembled the struggle of the girl in the coffin: Struggle for life and death but I knew that those tears were not because of the Endeavour to live but were rather there for an uncatered wish; A wish to see it for the last time; The last scene; The Last Sunset. For the girl was me and the soul was I.