PROUD OF MY DAD !! | Teen Ink

PROUD OF MY DAD !!

May 20, 2015
By SKAND SILVER, Faizabad, Other
SKAND SILVER, Faizabad, Other
9 articles 0 photos 0 comments

My sleep broke up early in the morning around 6 when sparkling sunlight started to beam straight on my eyes and interrupted my beautiful world of dreams and nightmares. for a second the real world seemed to be the world of fantasy , but in no time I could differentiate between my dream and reality and make myself appear comfortably in ongoing life where everyday I wake up early in the morning , get ready for the school , spend my time in academics ,and rest of the day passes with swift embraces of wry moments .
But today’s day proved to be a teacher for me , a teacher who does not teach us about how to study something, or what is science, or  what is sports all about , or when and how to do something , but a teacher whose silence even speak a lot more than any teacher on this earth ,  a teacher who teaches us the same thing infinite times without getting exasperated or out of breath, a teacher who teaches us the reality of this world ,  who tells what is this life all about, is this really finding yourself or Creating yourself ?
It teaches us to run on the road of true humanism.
The day was as normal as everyday , everything went as same as everyday , instead one thing which compelled me to write this  and forced me to think what I am actually doing on this earth  with this blessed life. There was a bright day blooming outside my house , the flowers were singing and dancing with flow of slow and soothing breeze. The tress was as stubborn as always,  trying to be a good parent by providing its cool shade over its sweet little children.
Mamma was preparing a sizzling breakfast for her family including me but due to unbearable height of heat and humidity almost every person in the house was stinking with the smell of sweat.
Suddenly we heard a knock on the door, we were all busy with our work,  because a side thought believed that , probably it would be our maid or our gardener, as because that particular time was them to arrive. I saw my dad going to open up the gate , and with that I went to watch some news channel,  perhaps because there was a breaking new of our toppers list. 20 mins had already passed and still I couldn't see my dad inside the house , with some doubt I went up to the gate in order to check where my dad has gone or someone important has come.
There I saw my dad leaned on the gate and bowed his head as if something very drastic has occurred , the man on the other side was horrendously crying continuously and I could see the pain in his eyes which made a wierd current pass through my spine making me impaired for sometime . No matter I could see the situation and see my dad going through some distress but distance posted a problem for me to understand the actual thing which was going , so instead I waited for my dad inside my home sitting idle with myriad stipulations and assumptions rushing in my mind. Finally after some time , he came up with a dull face  and sat next to me , without wasting even a second I asked about that man and what had happened outside.
My dad was no more sad or down with grief but what all I could see was a strange question in his eyes. Yeah , “he was a man who worked in my friends shop a long ago but due to his greediness and laziness he was kicked off from the work and was left abandoned with no work “ dad said . He came to me to ask some money , so that he can buy a shroud for his dead son and so I gave him all money that I had in my pocket.
The moment dad said shroud , a iching grief wrapped around my conscience and left me to sympathise with that poor man. My dad was still in somewhat dilemma , when I asked about what is he thinking about . He said “ son , I am wondering that was he true about his fate or was fooling us around , because people say he is a addicted alcoholic “I was totally moved from that question , not because the question had some secret but because I was upset about what my dad just said.
All I thought was , It does not matter that whether the poor person is true about his saying , but all that matter is our INTENTION ,  clarity of our soul , our mentality , the way we take things towards society , because no matter the person is true or false ,it's our duty to help our fellow mates in whatever condition they are , because every person on this very earth is our brother and sister , though people have made categories on different parameters , let it be caste , colour ,religion or anything but helping humanism is true humanity. Now a days it seems that generosity that people possessed some time ago has changed its way towards narcissism. But watching my dad with such action was the day of real glory ,a glory which doesn't ask for big achievements but a small work even can win that glory.
I just said to dad , “ I am proud of you dad !! “ no matter he betrayed you or was true but, the thing is you helped a poor which makes a lot difference to the world , to our life.