Fallen Petals | Teen Ink

Fallen Petals

By LovelyRee GOLD, Astumbo, Other
LovelyRee GOLD, Astumbo, Other
13 articles 1 photo 1 comment

Aut Viam Enveniam Aut Faciam
"Find A Way or Make One"

You know that best friend you have, the one where people automatically think you're joined at the hip and are expected to know where they're at, at all times of the day? Yeah well, I was fighting with my best friend. I don't know why exactly I was frustrated with her but I know part of the fact was that she was so ungrateful for what she was given. It made me realize a lot of things about her and so we ignored each other for a good two weeks straight. 

It was to the point where we were part of the same conversations but we never directly spoke to each other. It wouldn't be the first time we've fought like this though. This is the friendship where everything they do annoys you but you still love them anyways. After we stopped talking, the atmosphere between us changed. We no longer had that pull, like we weren't best friends.

Now that we're talking again, it feels different. I feel like everything about her has changed and everything about me has changed. Everything about us has changed. It's sad in a way but at the same time, we're growing up and we both have different plans for our life. I don't know if it's for the better but it's something we're experiencing and maybe when the time comes, we'll come to find out that we needed that break to know who we are without being together all the time. She'll always be that one best friend for me though. I may have pushed her away but I never really stopped caring.