Two Misfit Souls | Teen Ink

Two Misfit Souls

By RebeccaL GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
RebeccaL GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin

They are the only ones who deceive us. We are the only ones who deceive them. Two misfit souls with playful minds and wishful spirits like ghosts. Two who do not belong here but are here. Two beautiful perceptions studied by the public. From their side, they can feel them, but Rivals breathe and don’t appreciate these things.

Their voice stays quiet. They bleed forgetful thoughts beneath the others. They soar high and soar low and reach for hands beneath their wrinkled palms and sign the clouds with fearful tears and never leave their courage. This is how they are.

If one forgets her reason for being, they’d both drown like spiders in a pond, each with their hands grasping the other. Speak, speak, speak they say when it’s bleak. They preach.
When we are too lost and too curious to keep dreaming, when we are mindless fools compared to many others, then it is us who are souls. When there is nothing left to say out loud. Two who sang despite the crowd. Two who love and do not forget to love. Two whose only reason is to do and do.