A True Family Treasure | Teen Ink

A True Family Treasure

April 24, 2015
By Alyssa234 SILVER, Sussex, Wisconsin
Alyssa234 SILVER, Sussex, Wisconsin
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

It was just a house, but soon transformed into a popular restaurant, known for Friday night fish fries and classic burgers. Bountiful memories come to mind when entering the front doors. For example, seeing the golden retriever sitting at the top of the steps to go upstairs that or Grandma waitressing our table.


The 5 O’Clock club is unmatched and as well as a comforting home for anyone that walks through the door. It had been owned by cousins of my family, the Knutsons. There is no memory in my mind of who used to live upstairs, but I do know that when I went there, my great aunt had welcomed my family with a warming smile and a sweet hello. A second home this is.


The bartenders, waitresses, and hostesses all know me. On warm, summer, Friday fish fry nights, we would sit on the porch outside and watch the orange, red, and yellow burning sunset. It was such a soothing place to be.
Baked cod with french fries and nacho cheese, or a juicy burger was the usual order for me. The 5 O’Clock club is known for their Little Cluck chicken sandwiches. I have never tried one, but I have been told it is one of the best things on the menu. This is home, this is where I had grown up, and this is where family is; that is what true treasure represents.