Waukesha Country Treasure | Teen Ink

Waukesha Country Treasure

By MaiyaW SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
MaiyaW SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

Sunglasses sit gently on my face, my beach towel sprawls along the dock, and the alternative music sets the mood.  Boats cruise by, jet skiers zip past, and the sun radiates rays reflecting off the water--it’s a perfect day on Okauchee Lake.

Okauchee Lake is not only in a great location, but it’s also a place filled with friendly people, where there’s always something to do--whether it’s sitting outside, soaking up the sun, boating, or have a juicy, hot cheeseburger at Foolery's.

On warm, sunny days, I spend afternoons water skiing, tubing, and swimming.

Looking out to where the baby blue sky meets the leafy trees--with the glistening lake water sparkling beneath--reminds me of why this is place is treasured. So many people are friendly and gracious, making Okauchee Lake that much better. My close friends live on Okauchee Lake, allowing for hangouts and tie-ups on Party Island.
Different types of people live on Okauchee Lake--most chat and share new restaurants or interesting places worth visiting, such as the Golosi Gelato Cafe, The Golden Mast, and Spit Fire Pub & Grill.

As summer ends, I long for days lying on the dock with alternative music playing, boats zooming by, and sunshine streaming down on my face. As I count down the days until the next summer, I’m thankful. I couldn't ask for a better place to live. Because of the memories made, the people I've met, and the opportunities I’ve had, I consider Okauchee Lake to be a Waukesha County Treasure.