Waukesha County Treasure | Teen Ink

Waukesha County Treasure

By TomM. SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
TomM. SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

I can’t think of another place in Waukesha County that can reliably and consistently cheer me up on a bad day or make a good day even better. The Golosi Gelato Cafe in Oconomowoc, Wisconsin, is a true treasure. Opened in 2006 by the daughter of an Italian gelato master, Golosi not only makes authentic, delicious and creamy gelato, but also has made many wonderful memories for me.

Having been there four or five times, I've only had the opportunity to try a select few of their many flavors, but I've loved every single one. There's a flavor there for every taste, from the authentic chocolates, to the funny smurf and sodas, and obscure flavors that challenge your taste buds like spicy chocolate. If you're not in the mood for gelato, there's always coffee, subs, and many other things to choose from.

Aside from the delicious gelato, what makes this location a true treasure is the atmosphere and the memories I have created. As soon as I walk in and see the genuine cafe layout and feel the relaxation sweep over me, I know I’m going to have a unique experience. This is the place my girlfriend and I go if we're ever having a rough day, or if we simply are looking to have a nice date. Some of our first dates were in this mellow, quiet, relaxing place, and we'll never forget the times we shared together there. And that is why I have chosen Golosi Gelato Cafe as my Waukesha County treasure.